Our July theme of curiosity got me thinking.
One of the things that sparks my curiosity the most is learning more about other people and what makes them tick. In that same spirit, I thought it would be a fun activity to share a bit more about myself with all of you.
1. I don’t believe in soul mates. I think there are a lot of people in life that can work out for you.
2. I feel younger than I am. I am thirty-eight and still feel thirty. I have a hunch this feeling doesn’t go away.
3. I am not type A. In reality, I have to work extra hard to be organized.
4. I used to think I would feel happy and complete if I grew Wit & Delight to become my full-time job and built the W&D following. I know now that the effects of growth are far more nuanced than this.
5. My biggest fear when I was a kid was throwing up. I’ve been working on not having that fear anymore (through exposure) and it’s gotten so much better over time. But if my kids are sick, I still sometimes run out of the room.
6. My dream job would be a backup dancer for Beyoncé.
7. I was given the title of “Biggest Flirt” in college by my sorority sisters.
8. When I did Irish dancing as a kid, I performed for President Clinton.
9. Sometimes I trust people too much.
10. I hate bananas.
11. When I was twenty-seven, I considered quitting W&D and looked into going to medical school. I had a great experience with a gynecologist around this time and wanted to help other women.
12. My favorite food is actually very boring. Give me good bread and soft cheese and I’ll always be content.
13. I get Botox regularly (and I love it).
14. I’m a lucid dreamer and dream in incredibly cinematic detail. I can restart a dream after waking up and falling back asleep, and I can sometimes self-narrate or change things in dreams. I’ve kept dream diaries to keep track of the ideas I have while asleep. I’ve also had recurring tornado dreams most of my life.
Kate is currently learning to play the Ukulele, much to the despair of her husband, kids, and dogs. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.
BY Kate Arends - July 7, 2022
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Thank you for sharing. I am turning 50 in a few months and I still feel like I am 30. In my mind, I still have time to have kids :-). My body now makes sure I know I am not 30 but that feeling in my head never goes away.
It’s such an interesting feeling, isn’t it? Thanks for your comment!
LOVE this!! Also, soft cheese and good bread is totally not boring, it’s sophisticated 😉
So glad you loved it. And this is a fair point!!
I definitely don’t feel my age; which I’m glad about, haha! It was lovely to read a bit more about you!
I’m so glad, thank you for taking the time to read!
What a fun list! Have you discussed/would you be willing to share your Botox experience? The past few years have aged my face at a rapid pace, and it’s something I’m starting to consider.
I second this and would LOVE a local botox recommendation. It’s not easy to find a trusted referral for botox especially since some women don’t admit to getting it.
This is good to know! I’m thinking about sharing more in-depth info on the topic!
I’ve mentioned it but haven’t discussed it in-depth. I’m thinking about sharing more details about my experience so it’s good to know you’d be interested!
Riverdance is my favourite stage show, so me finding out that you used to do Irish dancing has blown my mind!! My eyes lit up when I read that about you. What made you stop dancing?
So glad that bit resonated! I mostly stopped because I didn’t want to dedicate the time to it any longer.
Kate! I dream the same way!!! The other day I even had my first dream turn into a cartoon!!! Wild!
Oh wow, that is wild!
This is, in my opinion, one of the best posts that you have made. Your work is quite outstanding in both quality and quantity. I am grateful to you for it.