I love the holiday season. One of my favorite ways to commemorate it is by decorating our home. I think the best holiday decor is an act of personal expression. I’ve played around with different holiday decor styles over the years—from modern to eclectic to traditional to Scandinavian-inspired. Every year, I love to get a few new holiday decor pieces to add to the mix.
We’re sharing this post a bit earlier this year, as some key decor pieces tend to sell out relatively quickly. I hope you enjoy browsing through the list I’ve pulled together!
1. Williams Sonoma Fresh Western Red Cedar Garland 15′ – 25′ $60 – $90
2. Crate & Barrel Faux Cypress Garland 72″ $100
3. Terrain via Anthropologie Faux Cedar Garland 6′ – 9′ $68 – $98
4. West Elm Pre-Lit Faux Red Berry Garland 60″ $129
When it comes to holiday decor, I think greenery is the base of everything (and a great place to start your shopping). Garland in particular makes a big impact and I love its versatility. You can keep things minimal and let the garland shine on its own or layer it as much as you like with other decor elements. I tend to go with traditional green garland but think a unique option like this berry garland is a fun route to go too!
5. Afloral Real Touch Norfolk Pine Wreath 24″ $68
6. Crate & Barrel Faux Ilex Berry Wreath 30″ – 32″ $119 – $149
7. Crate & Barrel Dried Wheat Wreath 25″ $90
8. HomeGoods Artificial Berry Wreath 30″ $40
We hang multiple wreaths throughout our home during the holiday season. I like both traditional green options and ones with a bit of a twist. I pulled a variety of options that I think would work well with just about any holiday decor aesthetic.
9. Terrain via Anthropologie Faux Noble Fir 7′ – 10′ $348 – $648
10. Balsam Hill via Nordstrom Pre-Lit Alpine Balsam Fir 7.5′ $699
11. Balsam Hill via Amazon Pre-Lit Classic Blue Spruce 4.5′ – 9′ $295 – $895
12. Joss & Main Dunhill Fir White Pre-Lit Tree 6.5′ – 9′ $216 – $370
The tree (or trees) you decide to display in your home is such a personal choice. Joe loves big trees with personal ornaments while I tend to prefer styles that are a bit more minimal. When deciding on a tree, I think it’s helpful to consider where it will go in your house and how it will be framed by the rest of the decor in the space.
13. Anthropologie Dorsey Stocking $38
14. Lulu and Georgia Jo Stocking $45
15. Schoolhouse Heirloom Stocking $54
16. Anthropologie Wilma Stocking $58
Stockings are a fun way to dress up a home during the holidays. There’s a little something for everyone in these stocking options! I love the idea of choosing a stocking that contrasts a bit with the style of your home, but you can also simply choose the option your heart loves most.
17. Schoolhouse Winter Plaid Tree Skirt $129
18. West Elm Woven Tree Collar $70
19. West Elm Cotton Jute Velvet Tree Skirt $80
20. Anthropologie Cozy Bobble Tree Skirt $138
A tree doesn’t really look finished without a skirt! Whether you choose a basket skirt or a cloth skirt, I think this is an area where you can have a lot of fun and get really personal with your choice.
21. Carved Clay Menorah – Opalhouse x Jungalow $35
22. Schoolhouse Handcarved Wooden Trees, Set of 3 $88
23. Anthropologie Holiday Village Doormat $48
24. West Elm Modern Lacquer Nutcracker $40 – $110
It’s always nice to have a few additional decor accents sprinkled throughout your home over the holidays, and I think a little can go a long way. I particularly love these minimal nutcrackers for a modern take on holiday decor.
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund the operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Kate is currently learning to play the Ukulele, much to the despair of her husband, kids, and dogs. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.
BY Kate Arends - October 31, 2022
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Like what you see?
Share Wit & Delight with a friend: