12 Chic Swimsuit Styles to Add to Your Summer Bucket List

Fashion & Style

Despite the sub-thirty degree temps and snow mother nature has thrown our way this “spring,” retailers are still taunting us with lust-worthy swimsuit styles. While most of us can think of a million other things we’d rather try on than swimsuits (seriously, when do we ever feel “beach bod” ready?!), I’ve learned through my own experiences that one thing that helps me feel more comfortable in swimwear is finding a suit that is not only pleasing to the eye, but also fits well with my body type.

I know we are just nearing springtime, but I plan to spend the majority of my warm-weather summer days on the lake–sunnies on, drink-in-hand. And because there’s never a shortage of chic, new swimwear styles at the start of a season, you can’t blame a girl for thinking ahead.

Whether you are jetting off somewhere warm this spring or simply prepping your closet for the upcoming season, I rounded up 12 swimsuits I’m currently loving. From retro and high-waisted to one-pieces to itsy bitsy teenie weenie bikinis, I hope you are able to find one to take on the dog days of summer while feeling equal-parts stylish and comfortable!

What’s your favorite suit style this season?

1. Solid and Striped Morgan triangle bikini top and bottom: Move over millennial pink. Pastel yellow is everywhere this season. This would look great on olive and darker skin tones.
    1. Hunza G Gloria embellished seersucker bandeau bikini: Ditch the tan lines and opt for a classic, bandeau silhouette. The glossy, tortoise acetate ring detail puts a modern spin on the otherwise preppy seersucker.
    1. Marysia Venice One Shoulder Bikini Top and bottom: Why blend in when you can make a statement with a fun shoulder? This ultra-femme detailed top is great for adding bust for those on the flatter side.
    1. Made By Dawn Petal Bikini Top and Arc Bottom: This clay color just can’t be beat. If you have curves, turn to this high-waist, ruffled bottom to accentuate the smallest part of your middle.
    1. GANNI Ipanema Swimwear Solid: This ultra-flattering ruched tankini-esque suit brings me back to the 90s, and I love it.
    2. DION LEE Fine Line triangle bikini: A minimalist’s dream.
    3. Ganni Ipanema shirred floral-print halterneck swimsuit: One suit, two ways–strapless or as a halter. Stay on-trend this spring/summer with a dose of micro florals. Perfectly retro and equipped with shirring for curve-hugging flattery.
    1. Lisa Marie Fernandez Two-Piece Natalie Flounced Polka Dot Bikini Set: Just in case you needed further convincing to add some B&W spots to your spring/summer wardrobe. The ruffle detail is especially serving for those, eh, not-so-well-endowed (like myself).
    1. Tory Burch Costa Smocked Bandeau Bikini: This bikini top totally reminds me of those smocked tube tops we all rocked in the 90s…and I don’t hate it.
    2. MARA HOFFMAN Maven bow-embellished gingham swimsuit: This white gingham swimsuit taps the charm of bygone eras. Pair it with a straw hat and pair of cat-eye sunglasses and you’ve mastered summer style.
    1. Solid & Striped Juliette wrap-effect swimsuit: Hands down my favorite swimwear line this season, Solid & Striped is nailing the retro-inspired suits. Tuxedo-inspired buttons, plunging neckline and back? Yea, we’ll chalk this one up as a #win. (Editor’s tip: double it as a bodysuit with a pair of high-waisted pants). Looking to define your waist? Try for one of Solid and Stripe’s belt detailed suits.
  1. J.Crew playa nantucket tie-shoulder bikini in stripe: I’m really digging all of the rainbow bright stripes out this spring, and the palette is best translated best in a bright and playful bikini.

Top image via

BY Madeline Nachbar - April 3, 2018

1. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

April 3rd, 2018 at 10:35 am

Wow, I love these! I still have yet to get a one piece swimsuit, so I’ll be checking the ones you linked out now! 🙂 Thank you! 😀

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

2. Madeline Nachbar

April 3rd, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Thank you, Charmaine!

3. kimkardashian sexbutt

April 3rd, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Music on you tube videos without copyright issues or still finding ways to get good and better your Creation Music for or Content. Need not to be confused here we have some of the Channels were you will feel to have more and good Creation

4. Surabhi

April 4th, 2018 at 10:03 am

Great selection of swimsuits — I find ordering the perfect swimsuit for me to be a very difficult task! I am loving #11 — so vintage looking! I am on top of ordering swimsuits for my girls though and here are some of our favorites : ) http://www.thirdeyechicfashion.com/2018/03/girls-fashion-blog-bathing-suits-we-love.html

5. Surabhi

April 4th, 2018 at 10:04 am

Great selection of swimsuits — I find ordering the perfect swimsuit for me to be a very difficult task! I am loving #11 — so vintage looking! I am on top of ordering swimsuits for my girls though and here are some of our favorites: http://www.thirdeyechicfashion.com/2018/03/girls-fashion-blog-bathing-suits-we-love.html

6. Marie Douglas

April 5th, 2018 at 5:53 pm

These cuts are so pretty and at the same time elegant! Can’t wait for summer in these cute suts!

7. chichi

April 10th, 2018 at 4:47 am

such a great selection specially crushing on no 10 and 11!