12 Dresses that Scream “Spring!”
Despite the random snow storms that graced us with their presence well after the first “official” day of spring, the time has finally come! The sun is shining. We’re taking our treadmill runs to the streets. We’ve done our spring cleaning. And now it’s time to pack up our heavy, cumbersome coats and sweaters and make room for (or reward ourselves with) flouncy, floral tops and, the best spring staple of all–a good sundress. Sounds pretty heavenly, right? Well, we still need to worry about all the potholes… but that’s neither here nor there.
Aside from upping your shaving and self-tanner game, there is something so effortless about swapping your jeans ensemble for an easy, breezy dress, and best of all–the options for cuts, styles and colors are endless.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your Saturday brunch fit or yearning to be the best-dressed wedding guest, to help get you through these warm and sunny months in style, I’ve rounded up a list of my favorite dresses out this season. But a forewarning, you may want your wallet within arms reach because these styles… well they are just that good.
- Zara Woman Print Dress: Dramatic sleeves, cinched waist, and the artist-inspired print? Yea, I’ll chalk this one up as a must-have for the office. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the cool, coral color.
- H&M Patterned Long Dress: Looking to try out a new trend this spring? Kill two-birds with one stone with this H&M number. Both prairie dresses and muted pastels are having major moments this season. I especially love the subtle, sexy detail the keyhole back brings.
- GANNI Joycedale ruffled floral-print silk-crepe midi dress: I’m a forever fan of a slip-style dress. Add in a retro-inspired floral pattern and it can’t be beat. Emulate the runway’s ’90s vibe and pair it with a pair of white sneakers.
- Zara Smocked Check Dress: ‘Tis the season for the cold shoulder. Show off that collar bone with an off the shoulder number in a fun print.
- Réalisation Par The Mary Jane in Sunflower: It’s time I let you in on a secret brand crush of mine, Réalisation Par, a brand known for its feminine tops and dresses with details like ruffled necklines and bell sleeves. I’m especially digging this yellow number–another color having a serious moment this spring.
- Zara ruffled floral print dress: I love the juxtaposition of the feminine florals and edgy asymmetrical hem.
- Bershka Striped Dress With Belt: Ditch your go-to blacks, grays and whites for a fun, rainbow bright stripe.
- Aritzia Beaune Dress: Currently coveting for one of the many weddings I’ll be attending this spring/summer. The sheer sleeves add a sexy spin to a playful, floral dress.
- Madewell Cecilie Copgenhagen Chab Dress: While this may be a bit of a splurge, from a brunch date to a wedding shower–this tie-waisted detailed dress with ruffled shoulders couldn’t be easier to wear.
- Topshop Polka Dot Lace Satin Slip Dress: A big trend this season? B&W polka dots. Show some skin and try a slip-style dress with subtle, sheer details (ow ow!).
- Free People Stripe Me Up Dress: The closest thing to your beach cover-up.
- Babaton Tilney Dress: A minimalist’s dream.
Top image Collage Vintage
Madeline Nachbar is the Trend & Style Editor at Mpls/St. Paul Magazine and freelance lifestyle writer. On the weekends, she enjoys sprucing up her Spotify & seeing her favorite bands in-concert, traveling, or hanging in her NE Minneapolis hood with the three men in her life: her husband (Eric) and her two cats (Harry and Lloyd–who shamelessly frequent her Instagram stories).