Our Crazy Colorful New Orleans Home Tour

Interiors & Decor

We moved into our New Orleans home three years ago (before photos). We really lucked out because it fell out of escrow and we pounced on it! And it’s been a really awesome creative journey ever since. I’ve learned a lot about my style through decorating this home. I mean, who gets 2,100 sq. ft. of canvas to play with? It’s gone through many changes as any house of mine always does. I wish I could transport it all the way to LA, but where’s the fun in that? I love a new start, which means I’m not taking much back with me except some artworks and pillows.

Since I’ve never given it a proper home tour, here goes! This will still be our home so it isn’t a farewell! We love this house so much. We have so many fun memories of being first-time homeowners. I still remember our first year when there was a winter freeze and we had to crawl under the house at night to wrap up all the exposed pipes. I was seriously like WTF? I didn’t think NOLA could get that cold. And apparently, the heartmate saw an animal carcass down there. Yuck! Or that one time when I hired someone to pressure wash the house and they started washing the soffit vents and sprayed water into our attic. I had to crawl up there and remove all the wet pink insulation. A day later, I had an allergic reaction from the fiberglass insulation which looked like bites all over my arms and body. I freaked the F out because I thought I had scabies or something. It was real fun!

Anywho, I just wanna thank you all for following along and supporting my crazy, color-filled decorating adventures. I can’t wait to share our next home with y’all!

And below are a few snaps from the Better Homes & Gardens spring issue! Pinching myself that happened! Photography by Paul Costello and styling by Liz Strong.

Dabito is a blogger, photographer, artist, décor guru, tastemaker, passionate vintage hunter, and lover of all things design. He is the force behind the creative studio and online design resource, Old Brand New!

BY Dabito - May 28, 2018

1. Miruska

May 28th, 2018 at 10:52 am

Amazing house! The best use of colour I have seen anywhere. Very impressive. I have used the TV room as an inspiration for my living room. I found the picture on Pinterest but had no idea where it belonged. Well done!

2. Nathalie | Want for Wellness

May 28th, 2018 at 10:54 am

Wow, this interior is so colorful and cozy and stylish and dreamy, all at once! I bet it looks great during the evening too!

3. Antri C. | Beauty Blogger & Reviewer

May 28th, 2018 at 12:52 pm

OMG it looks amazingly beautiful and colorful. So positive vibes… Xoxo

4. Eleanor May

May 28th, 2018 at 2:17 pm

This interior is so colourful and beautiful. It has inspired me to add more colour to my home decor..

5. Amazing New Orleans Renovated Home To Inspire You - Wild Cotton Interiors

May 29th, 2018 at 8:30 am

[…] post Our Crazy Colorful New Orleans Home Tour appeared first on Wit & […]

6. Caitlin

May 29th, 2018 at 9:50 am

Absolutely in love with your use of color. The whole house looks phenomenal.

7. lola

May 30th, 2018 at 2:46 am

All interiors are amazing – nice fusion of boho and modern style. And that green wallpaper in bedroom is amazing.

8. This + That – Keira Lennox

June 3rd, 2018 at 9:53 am

[…] • Here’s another ‘crazy colorful’ home tour I love! […]

9. Coastal & High Rise

July 22nd, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Oh my! I love the green door and the couch. I like the fact that you played with different abstract arts / patterns. Thanks for sharing!

10. Belle

August 12th, 2018 at 8:35 am

This tour has really inspired me to be more bold in my color and pattern choices. I especially love the yellow dining room paint color, and the stunning outdoor patio tiles. Wow! What a fabulous home.

11. 15 Simple Ways to Add a Little Color & Fun into Your Home - Wit & Delight

October 17th, 2018 at 11:34 am

[…] hard not to love Dabito’s Crazy Colorful New Orleans Home. Just look what happens when you aren’t afraid to really paint the […]

12. 15 Simple Ways to Add a Little Color & Fun into your Home – Business Blog