As we near the end of the month of May, we’re reflecting on all that happened this month and looking back on the articles, podcasts, and videos that captured our attention over the course of the past four weeks. You’ll find ten links our team recommends below.
We hope you have a delightful weekend, getting outside and enjoying the company of friends or family (or the company of yourself!!) if at all possible. Take care of yourselves folks.
1. A beautifully insightful article from writer Christine Pride in Cup of Jo‘s Race Matters advice column that answers the question, “On the anniversary of George Floyd’s death, how do I stay hopeful?”
2. Kate passed along this intriguing article to our team, by Jill Lepore in The New Yorker, that explores the history of burnout and what it says about the way we work.
3. One of our team’s collective favorite bloggers, Elena Lohse of This House 5000, took Refinery 29 on a delightful video tour of her home.
4. Our new business director recommended this podcast conversation between Brené Brown and writer Ashley C. Ford on storytelling, truth-telling, and liberation. It’s well worth a listen.
5. 15 delightful DIY project ideas to try in your home, from Jess Bunge at Emily Henderson.
6. A couple of Pinch of Yum recipes for you: this croissant egg bake, for all your future brunching needs (and for your reheated weekday breakfasts too)…
7. …and these crispy black bean tacos with cilantro lime sauce. Both are easy, flavorful, and tested and approved by yours truly.
8. This article by Arthur C. Brooks in The Atlantic explores how we can cultivate a life filled with more new experiences (and why it’s important to do just that).
9. It’s here! The long-awaited Friends reunion. Will you be watching this weekend?
10. To close out the month, here’s a video of the SNL cast reflecting on a season of writing and performing during the pandemic. Enjoy.
BY Jackie Saffert - May 28, 2021
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.