Hello again from me and my tendency to be a broken record about the passage of time. And, as long as we’re on the topic, can you please inform me how (HOW) it is already the end of the month? Time seems to play tricks in these warm-weather months especially, quietly flowing past us until … POOF! It’s nearly August.
But I’ll get off my soapbox for now.
As we come to a close on the month of July, our team took a look back on the links that captured our attention over the course of the past four weeks, from a particularly delightful Olympics moment, to a colorful kitchen remodel that has our hearts all aflutter, to an article about a specific kind of joy we’ve been missing lately. Find all ten links our team recommends below.
We hope you’ve had a delightful July, and we hope you have an enjoyable weekend too.
1. Have you been watching the Olympics? Minnesotan Suni Lee brought home gold in all-around gymnastics and we were all thrilled. Watch her uneven bars routine here and prepare to say “Woahhhhh.”
2. If you haven’t been following along with this colorful kitchen remodel, you might want to start now. The berry and marigold color combo has our hearts.
3. These beauty uniform articles are always a delight to read, and this one from July is no exception.
4. An article about a specific kind of joy we’ve been missing—one that relies on socializing to spark.
5. One homeowner transformed a dark living room into a bright, welcoming space. This before and after is SO good.
6. This crispy rice bowl, made with all ingredients from Trader Joe’s, is such a good easy meal idea!
7. This Berlin home is full of vintage finds and loads of character. Scroll down to the photo of the sun-kissed open shelving and TELL ME it doesn’t make you weak in the knees.
8. This article provides an intriguing look into one of the ways we, as a society, used to allow ourselves time for an extended break when the world became too much (and a case for bringing it back).
9. A culinary show on Netflix that’s making one W&D team member rethink how she consumes food and seeks out restaurants to try, especially while traveling.
10. If you’re looking for a breezy dress to get you through the heat of August and beyond, take a peek at the $25 dress our team can’t stop raving about. We’ve talked about it before but now three of our team members own it (and, yes, yours truly has it in two colors). The black dress with white dots is the newest edition, should you be in a market for such a piece of attire.
Jackie is the editorial director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running around the lakes of Minneapolis, grabbing a bite at a local restaurant, or recharging at home with her boyfriend and their beloved corgi, Marge. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - July 30, 2021
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Suni Lee made me so proud!!
Right?? She’s incredible!
That Berlin apartment is stunning!!!! I could stare at it forever hah
My thoughts exactly!! It looks like such a soothing apartment.