Welcome to the final day of 2021, folks. While this year brought its fair share of challenges (and felt like Groundhog Day at times, yes?), there were plenty of moments to delight in too. We thank you, ever so sincerely, for being here this year—for following along with the stories we told, the designs we revealed, and the small joys we couldn’t help but share.
Today, in our final installment of the year, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention in December, from a serene English home tour to a go-to cookbook to the new show we can’t stop watching. Find all ten things our team recommends below.
Happy New Year’s Eve! We hope you’ve had a delightful December, and we hope the start of the new year treats you well too.
1. In case you need ’em, here are twelve ways to beat the winter blues.
2. Kate shared this intriguing article, which explores the inextricable link between decor and mental wellbeing.
3. Four lessons designer Albie Buabeng learned in the first year of homeownership.
4. This English home tour is serene and cozy and chock-full of character (and it includes a pink bathroom to boot!).
5. After our second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, this article in The Atlantic details why health-care workers are quitting in droves.
6. If you’re a vegetarian (or are simply looking to eat more vegetarian meals), this is the cookbook for you. It was a recent addition to our household and I can’t recommend it enough.
7. My favorite purchase of the month is now restocked! If you’re in the market for a new pair of boots this winter, have a peek at these ones from Madewell.
8. Our new business director loves the newest show from Mindy Kaling, The Sex Lives of College Girls.
9. Two writers discuss the experience of moving back in with their parents during the pandemic… and their thoughts on never having left.
10. Last but certainly not least, have you seen this wonderfully delightful interview, all about Komodo dragons? I watched it over and over again this month. I hope you enjoy.
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source for revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the Editorial Director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running along the river road, loitering in the vicinity of the nearest puppy at a local brewery, or recharging her soul in her tiny sanctuary of an apartment. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - December 31, 2021
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.