Welcome to the last day of September which has, somehow, already arrived. I’m writing this from a perfectly crisp, sunny morning here in Minnesota. Today, in our usual fashion, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month.
Below you’ll find a serene apartment tour, a few of our favorite fall apparel finds, some articles that are well worth the read, and more. We’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of September. We hope you find something (or many things) to enjoy in the links we’ve put together.
1. Here’s what’s happening in Iran after the death of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman who died while in the custody of the country’s “morality police,” and what we can do to help.
2. How to help those impacted by Hurricane Ian.
3. Patagonia founder, Yvon Chouinard, gave away the company to fight climate change.
4. W&D’s content creator, Greta, found a new lip product she now swears by. She says it adds the perfect neutral color (she has the color beige vanillé), is super hydrating, and has a scent and flavor that aren’t overpowering. Greta wore it on a Zoom meeting this week and I can confirm it has such a pretty warm, glossy finish!
5. This beautiful Brooklyn apartment tour is serene, cozy, and peppered with pops of green throughout (I’m in love with the large DIY green painting).
6. I found a new coat I love for fall (and warmer winter days). It’s long, lightweight, warm, and a really lovely style. It does run a little big so you could consider ordering a size down, although the extra room can be nice if you’re layering underneath!
7. This week’s episode of Design Time (the Domino podcast) features one of our favorite bloggers and very talented designers, Shavonda Gardner.
8. W&D executive assistant, Nancy, recommends this lovely $40 sweater from Mango. She says it’s like an elevated t-shirt—great to wear on its own in fall and a perfect, light layering piece in winter!
9. I’ve switched over from my summer nail polish color to my fall nail polish color: the prettiest cinnamon brown from Olive & June called JJ.
10. The case for allowing yourself to be bad at something.
11. I found my new favorite earrings. I love the gold-plated delicate small hoop style and have worn them every day since they arrived.
1. 7 Remodeled Kitchens and Exactly What I Love About Each One
2. September Horoscopes 2022: Prepare for Mercury Retrograde
3. 9 Ways to Build a Stronger Relationship With Yourself
4. My 2022 Fall Bucket List: 20 Things I Want to Do This Season
5. This Is How Much Money the Main Bedroom Design *Actually* Cost
1. Threshold x Studio McGee Stanton 2pk Rush Weave Club Chairs $415
2. Threshold x Studio McGee Leather Handle Basket $45
3. & Other Stories Turtleneck Knit Sweater $129
4. Kanthahouse11 Indian Kantha Quilt via Etsy
$60 – $85, on sale for $54 – $76
5. Everlane The Relaxed Chino $98
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the editorial director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running around the lakes of Minneapolis, grabbing a bite at a local restaurant, or recharging at home with her boyfriend and their beloved corgi, Marge. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - September 30, 2022
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Personally, I think there were lots of interesting topics floating around in september, however none of them was as inspiring as the brave Iranian women standing up for their rights to self-determination. Risking their lives to ensure a better and more prosperous future for future generations.
Lots of useful stuff, thanks!