I began the month of February in Charleston, on a two-week trip (made possible thanks to working from home) with one clear objective in mind: escape winter in Minnesota for a little while. And that? That I did. I walked the streets for miles at a time, tried a whole host of restaurants, and took in each one of the many sights. It was a magical way to infuse a little energy into the winter season, and I can still feel the lingering effects of it as I sit at my desk back in Minneapolis on a blustery, snowy day.
I wish a little of that magic—the kind that comes from experiencing something new—for all of you this winter. It may not be a trip, but surely anything out of the ordinary will do. Consider taking up an activity you’ve been meaning to try (cross-country skiing, anyone?), venturing out to grab a bite at a new spot, or buying a fresh bouquet of flowers in the brightest shade you can find to add a little extra something to your home.
Below you’ll find a few cheerful home tours, a lovely sweater for spring, a case for bringing back personal blogging, and more. We’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of February so far. Enjoy!
1. Tour this cheerful, colorful Stockholm flat and find design inspiration around every corner.
2. Cup of Jo‘s Joanna Goddard opens up about her divorce.
3. This kale salad is so good we’ve made it three times (last night being the most recent!).
4. While it isn’t spring weather here yet, it’s been fun to browse so many lovely spring arrivals. The new collection at Alex Mill caught my eye—especially my very favorite sweater, which is now available in pink!
5. One of our favorite designers, Meta Coleman, dreamt up this whimsical and cozy child’s bedroom.
6. In an era of social media platforms, consider this case for bringing back personal blogging.
7. How curved cabinets and shelves can improve any kitchen design.
8. A serene Danish home with views of the countryside.
9. I bought this pleated lampshade to pair with a base I already had. I’m very pleased with the style and quality—especially for only $10.
10. A delightful poem on what it feels like to be at peace with yourself.
11. Should anyone be interested in planning a future trip to Charleston, we stayed with Guesthouse Charleston (it was lovely!) and turned mostly to Grace Atwood’s guide for recommendations.
1. February 2023 Horoscopes: Bring Your Dreams to Life
2. These 5 Homes Are Filled With Loved Items—It Makes All the Difference
3. 7 Unexpected Wallpaper Ideas That Make a Big Difference in Any Home
4. 7 of My Favorite Decor Pieces in Our Home Right Now
5. 3 Beauty Products I Tried That Didn’t Live Up to the Hype
1. Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi $10
Read Kate’s review here.
2. Ruhicollection on Etsy Handmade Kantha Quilt
$75 – $130 $30 – $52
The prettiest colorful throw blanket.
3. Nood The Flasher 2.0 Hair Removal Solution
Read Kate’s product review here!
4. FabricSG on Etsy Scalloped Stripe Napkins $22+
Kate has and loves this napkin set.
5. Hunter Kids’ First Classic Waterproof Rain Boot $65
Choose from six color options.
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the editorial director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running around the lakes of Minneapolis, grabbing a bite at a local restaurant, or recharging at home with her boyfriend and their beloved corgi, Marge. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - February 22, 2023
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Like what you see?
Share Wit & Delight with a friend: