Welcome to the finale of the first full month of spring (not that you’d know it here in Minnesota…). As we near the end of April, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month. This includes a home tour that showcases a stunning use of bold color, a few team favorite beauty buys, an article that portrays a different take on motherhood, and more.
In case you missed them, we’re also sharing the most-read articles and the most-purchased products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of April.
1. In a historic Senate vote, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed as the first Black woman to sit on the Supreme Court.
3. Kate recommended this essay, in which the author explores why motherhood is its own kind of hero’s journey.
4. Greta, W&D’s resident content creator, highly recommends this lip oil in a delightful taupe shade. It’s super hydrating, isn’t sticky, and stays on for a really long time—a winning trifecta.
5. My favorite (virtual) yoga instructor shared a new thirty-minute class this month. It’s deeply relaxing and serves as a very effective stretching session. Give it a try!
6. Here’s an intriguing peek into interior design color trends through the decades.
7. Greta also has a favorite mascara to recommend this month. It doesn’t flake whatsoever, doesn’t bother her sensitive eyes, and looks super natural while still enhancing the lashes.
8. Yes, it’s true: People are acting weird right now. Here are some thoughts on why that might be.
9. For my fellow curly-haired friends, I bought this spray bottle a few weeks ago and it has changed the game when it comes to refreshing my hair in between washes. It sprays a fine, prolonged mist in a fraction of the time of my old spray bottle. Sometimes it really is the little things that make a difference, yes?
10. This cheery L.A. home infuses color and pattern in wonderfully unique ways.
1. April 2022 Horoscopes: Embrace the Unexpected
2. A First Look at Our Spring and Summer 2022 Gardening Plans
3. 2 Mood Board Ideas for the Guest Room Design Update
4. My 6 A.M. Morning Routine That Sets Me up for a Good Day
5. The One-Piece Swimsuits I’ll Be Wearing All Summer Long
1. Ribbed Seamless Bra + High-Rise Ribbed Seamless ⅞ Leggings, a set from JoyLab at Target
2. Peripera Ink Airy Velvet Lipstick
3. La Blanca Island Goddess One-Piece Swimsuit
4. ZiasStudio on Etsy Hair Clip
5. Summersalt The Twist Backflip One-Piece Swimsuit
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source for revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the Editorial Director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running along the river road, loitering in the vicinity of the nearest puppy at a local brewery, or recharging her soul in her tiny sanctuary of an apartment. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - April 29, 2022
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.