This month was a deeply trying one in our nation, to say the least. We witnessed a severe threat to reproductive rights and multiple mass shootings. As we near the end of May, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month.
In case you missed them, we’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of May. We hope you enjoy browsing through the links below, and we hope you enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend, doing whatever it is you need to do to take care of yourself and others.
1. A poignant, personal perspective on what overturning Roe v. Wade could mean.
2. A powerful reaction to the Uvalde school shooting and some thoughts on what to do next.
3. Our new business director, Erin, highly recommends Molly Shannon’s memoir, should you find yourself in the mood for a new nonfiction read.
4. This home is filled with soothing colors, plenty of plants, and DIYs galore.
5. I bought this belt bag this month, specifically for the purpose of carting around my dog’s waste bags (and other odds and ends) on our daily walks. It’s come in handy for that distinct purpose and also for toting things around town on my bike. It was $38 very well spent.
6. Love a room refresh? Watch this bedroom get its very own mini makeover.
7. I added this cotton terry snap-up to my wardrobe and it is heaven in a sweatshirt. I’m wearing it as I write this and will continue to for the foreseeable future!! Outdoor Voices is also currently having a sale of up to 50% off select pieces… browse them here if you’re interested.
8. From the wallpaper choices to the colorful velvet sofas, this beautifully designed midcentury modern home is a feast for the eyes.
9. A love letter to my anti-anxiety medication.
10. My boyfriend got Parachute robe envy (I have and love this one in the amber color) and finally purchased this one for himself. Both are currently 20% off if sales are your thing!!
1. May 2022 Horoscopes: Changes Are Coming
2. 5 Ways to Love Your Home as It Is Right Now (No Big Updates Required)
3. Kate’s Picks: 8 Things I Tried in April and Loved
4. My Napa Packing List: 9 Core Clothing Pieces I’m Bringing With Me
5. Making Friends as an Adult Is Weird, But Does It Have to Be?
1. Hair Fork From StasiAccessories on Etsy
2. The Nue Co. Forest Lungs Fragrance 10ml
3. Madewell Cotton Linen Pleated Wide-Leg Pants (currently 25% off!)
4. Summersalt The Ruched Sidestroke One-Piece Swimsuit
5. Birkenstock Essentials Arizona Waterproof Slide Sandal
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the editorial director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running around the lakes of Minneapolis, grabbing a bite at a local restaurant, or recharging at home with her boyfriend and their beloved corgi, Marge. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - May 27, 2022
Did you know W&D now has a resource library of Printable Art, Templates, Freebies, and more?
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.
Thank you for sharing what we can do as far as the shooting this week. What a tradgedy.