On the last Friday of June, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month. Below you’ll find colorful home tours, ways to improve your sun protection habits, helpful reminders to give yourself a little grace, and more.
In case you missed them, we’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of June. We hope you enjoy browsing through the links below and we hope you have a delightful weekend too.
1. This morning, the Supreme Court overtuned Roe v. Wade. This article explores what the decision will mean for people in the U.S.
2. Kate recommended this article, which offers a fascinating look into the important work we do while we sleep.
3. This week of outfits is an impeccably stylish ode to the flowy summer dress.
4. I am pretty dedicated to sun protection (year round, and especially in the summer months) and this bucket hat is my newest everyday companion. The quality is really good and I love that this style offers more protection than the baseball hats I’d otherwise wear.
5. This home tour is a FUN one. The Gothic Revival building used to be a church and its lingering details are weaved throughout the updated structure.
6. I bought (and prompty ate) my first watermelon of the summer and oh *wow* did it deliver. If you want to get into the spirit of watermelon season yourself, this watermelon salad recipe would be a fun one to try.
7. Here’s how to *correctly* apply sunscreen. This is a helpful guide to keep in your back pocket!
8. Step inside Justina Blakeney’s home, which is a delightful expression of maximalist design.
9. Interested in jumping on the self-tanner train? These self-tanning drops can be used on face and body and, in my experience after a month of use, are *mostly* foolproof. They create a subtle, buildable tan with no streaks—as long as you follow the directions and blend well when applying!
10. We love these 9 reminders to give yourself a little grace.
1. My 2022 Summer Bucket List: 20 Things I Want to Do This Season
2. June 2022 Horoscopes: A Breath of Fresh Air
3. Kate’s Picks: 7 Things I Tried in May and Loved
4. 5 Movie Set Designs I Love and What Makes Them So Good
5. Closed-Concept Home Design: 4 Reasons I Love the Layout of Our 1950s House
1. Nood The Flasher 2.0 Hair Removal Solution (Currently on sale for 30% off!)
2. WAYF via Shopbop Tie Front Top Tiered Maxi Dress
3. J. Crew Broken-In Organic Cotton Oxford Shirt (Most colors currently on sale for 25% off!)
4. Mille Adele Dress
5. J. Crew Cotton Voile Ruffle Beach Dress (Currently on sale for 50% off!)
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the editorial director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running around the lakes of Minneapolis, grabbing a bite at a local restaurant, or recharging at home. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.
BY Jackie Saffert - June 24, 2022
Thank you for being here. For being open to enjoying life’s simple pleasures and looking inward to understand yourself, your neighbors, and your fellow humans! I’m looking forward to chatting with you.